Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I find out more about the McKenna McBride Royal Commission?
A. A list of related sources is provided on our 'bibliography' page.  Choosing from this list, consult your local school or public library.  If you cannot find something, talk to your local librarian to help you find the sources you want.

Q. Where can I find original copies of the McKenna McBride records?
A.  Microfilm copies of the original records are held at the Library and Archives of Canada in Ottawa, the British Columbia Archives in Victoria, and Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (for claims researchers only) in Vancouver.  Information held at LAC and the BC Archives may not be the same as it was a joint Commission, therefore LAC houses the federal records while the BC Archives holds the provincial ones.  If you cannot get to these locations, your local public library should be able to obtain the reels for you through the inter-library loan system.

Q. Can I use the information on the website in my work/publication?
A. All information on this site is available for use without prior consent for the purposes of research, teaching, private study or general interest.  If you want to use any materials for publication please contact the appropriate copyright holders or e-mail us.




Home | Narratives | Maps/Photos | Testimonies | Teachers
Resources | About Us | Researchers

Vancouver Office:
500 - 342 Water Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6B-1B6, CANADA
Ph: 604.684.0231, Fx: 604.684.5726
Kamloops Office:
345 Yellowhead Highway,
Kamloops, BC, V2H-1H1, CANADA
Ph: 250.828.9746, Fx: 250.828.0319